Facts and technological theories behind Type-C Power Delivery
Today many devices charge or get their power from USB ports contained in laptops, cars, aircraft or even wall sockets. USB has become a ubiquitous power socket for many small devices such as cell phones, MP3 players and other hand-held devices.The USB Power Delivery Specification enables the maximum functionality of USB by providing more flexible power delivery along with data over a single cable. It uses USB-C cables and connectors to deliver higher levels of power to your devices. This has two benefits: one, faster charging, and two, more power for larger devices.
USB Power Delivery offers the following features:
- Increased power levels from existing USB standards up to 100W.
- Power direction is no longer fixed. This enables the product with the power (Host or Peripheral) to provide the power.
- Optimize power management across multiple peripherals by allowing each device to take only the power it requires, and to get more power when required for a given application.
- Intelligent and flexible system level management of power via optional hub communication with the PC.
- Allows low power cases such as headsets to negotiate for only the power they require.
- Enables new higher power use cases such as USB bus powered Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) and printers. This eliminates the need for a separate power brick.
- A monitor with a supply from the wall can power or charge a laptop while still displaying.
- USB power bricks or chargers are able to supply power through a laptop’s USB ports.
- Laptops and USB power bricks can provide higher power to battery powered devices (not currently defined by USB).
- Battery powered devices can get increased charging current from a hub and then give it back temporarily when the user’s HDD requires to spin up.
Super Fast Charging One Universal Solution Safer Charging
USB Power Delivery is a useful specification, it enables a wide range of devices to share chargers and even power each other seamlessly. Actually, XBooster USB-C Power Delivery charger supports this fast charge technology. Please feel free to take a look.